[Zope] Filtered WebDAV View Folder

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 15:24:32 -0500

Has anyone out there built, or tried to build, something like this:

I'd like to be able to create an object that acts as a sort of filtering
WebDAV proxy for its container.  By this, I mean that if you navigate to
the object using WebDAV, it appears to be a collection containing a
subset of the objects in its container.  This could be configurable, but
I'd be happy if it only showed Files, Images, Folders, and ZPTs.  Of
course, if you looked in one of the Folders "inside" the object, it
would also show you a filtered view of that Folder.

It would only support normal file operations (PUT, GET, locking, etc.)
on the proxied objects.

This would allow me to point our web designer's DreamWeaver at this
object and allow him to work without worrying about Scripts, SQL, or
other clutter.

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am