[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] What do we want in the way of Zope binary distributions?

Jean Jordaan jean@upfrontsystems.co.za
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:01:53 +0200

Hi Nathan & all

>>I may volunteer for updating the gentoo ebuild.... Anyone
>>else using gentoo linux here?

We're also installing Zope on Gentoo all over the place.
So far, I've only played with the ebuilds on my laptop.
For "real work" we have always installed from Zope source,
but it would be great if Gentoo integrated Zope so that
we could use it to manage instances and products.

Gentoo has already started along the route, with scripts
like zprod-manager, but I'm not comfortable that it's
understandable and flexible enough yet ..

--
Jean Jordaan
http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za