[Zope] Newbie - passing a list to an External Method

Ashley Lloyd ashleylloyd@hotmail.com
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:30:05 +0100

>Longer term, you'll want to read up on debugging in Python.
Agreed!
>For now, let's just kludge something together.
Thank you, yet again

I put your code into the External Method, and called it just before the
loop.
If I return lines_check(lines), then it just sends back:

lines is type: lines has value:

Yet if I replace that - in exactly the same place, with return lines, then
it returns the expected value of lines. If I meddle with lines_check, and
just let it do:
return lines
Then it returns the value, but if it just does:
return 'lines has value: %s' % lines
Then it does not return anything!

???????

Cheers