[Zope] Re: Accelerating images without proxy

Charlie Reiman creiman@kefta.com
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 09:38:48 -0700

I guess I misread the posting. Generally in zope you don't use direct URL at
all to refer to an image. You should instead get the object and ask it what
it's URL is.

If they must place image URLs in raw text, then don't use Zope for your
images. You aren't gaining anything. Use an apache front end, proxy through
part for Zope (using VHM) and part for the images. Stick the images on
Apache and be done with it.

To be really cheeky, a 302 response should be sufficient to tell the browser
that /spam/images/navigation/home.gif is the same image as
/images/navigation/home.gif. But that's not what your looking for.