[Zope] Installing CMFOODocument

Asad Quraishi aquraishi@skyesystems.com
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 20:55:25 -0400

I am trying to install this for the second time.

My problems are with the libxml2-python and libxslt-python modules.
These are installed via RPM however my Zope tarball came with Python
2.1.3.  I suppose this is good since this is what I need.  I have 2.2 on
my machine which is clearly not compatible.  I thought I could copy the
libxml2.py, libxml2mod.so (version 2.4.23-1), libxsltmod.so and
libxslt.py (1.0.19-1) files (xml/xslt python bindings) to the
Zope/lib/python directory.  Maybe I put these in the wrong place (I'm no
python guru and could find no obvious hint of where to put it).  Maybe I
should have copied other files as well.

I tried calling these librairies through the 2.1.3 python version in the
Zope/bin dir - although all I did was import them and dir() them.  Do
they need access to their /usr/share/doc/libxml2-python-2.4.23 and xslt
equivalent directories?  Should I create a symlink to these dirs in the
/lib/python dir?

This is what I get as an error from the startup script:

2003-04-28T20:39:39 ERROR(200) Zope Could not import Products.CMFOODocument
Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/local/zope/Zope/lib/python/OFS/Application.py, line 541, in
import_product
  File
/usr/local/zope/Zope/lib/python/Products/CMFOODocument/__init__.py, line
19, in ?
  File
/usr/local/zope/Zope/lib/python/Products/CMFOODocument/OODocument.py,
line 48, in ?
    (Object: os)
  File /usr/local/zope/Zope/lib/python/libxml2.py, line 1, in ?
ImportError: /usr/local/zope/Zope/lib/python/libxml2mod.so: undefined
symbol: PyType_IsSubtype

Help!

- Asad