[Zope] Virtual hosting w/out Apache for Zope newbies?

george donnelly list@zettai.net
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:26:34 +0000

> george donnelly wrote:
>> [Frederic Faure wrote (ffaure@bigfoot.com) on 4/29/03 2:30 PM]
>>> Why would I want to add Apache? Security? Load?
>>
>> read this:
>>
>> http://www.zope.org/Members/anser/apache_zserver
>
> It sais "Versatile Apache is much better for serving legacy HTML/CGI
> content".
>
> Yes, if you want to mix in legacy HTML/CGI content, they you need to run
> Zope behind Apache. But the claim that you ALWAYS should run Zope behind
> Apache as soons as you are exposed to the Internet is not given any
> support by that document. In fact, the arguments for it is rather weak.
>

> This is the reasons I have found, so far.
> I listed them in my Apache+Zope howto at
> http://www.zope.org/Members/regebro/Zope_and_Apache/ :
>
> When should I run Zope behind Apache?
>
> * You need both Zope based sites and non-Zope based sites.
> * You are a nervous dude that don't trust that Zopes Zserver can
> handle when people send you weird and invalid http requests in
> hacking and denial of service attacks, or you don't trust the
> OpenSSL way of doing SSL and want to use Apaches SSL.
> * You want to have a cache of the finished pages to speed up access.
> * Your boss/customer requires you to use Apache and you don't want
> to argue with him/her.
>
> I'd be happy to add other cases to this list.

oops, yours was the one i meant to link to.

trying to do too many things at the same time...

<-->
george donnelly - http://www.zettai.net/ - "We Love Newbies" :)
Zope Hosting - Dynamic Website Design - Search Engine Promotion
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet - MSN: zettainet@hotmail.com - ICQ: 51907738