[Zope] SOAP and dictionaries

Kristoph Kirchner Kristoph Kirchner <kristoph@beehive-eu.com>
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:58:59 +0200

Hi,

  I have a problem with sending a dictionary to a SOAP method and am
  hoping someone here can help me with it.

  I'm trying to call a SOAP method which needs a string and a HashMap
  (Java) as parameters. The string is a session id and the HashMap contains
  key-value pairs that represent variables and their values that I
  want to save in the session. I tried different SOAP implementations for Python
  (ZSI, soaplib, SOAP.py) but couldn't get it to work. With soaplib I
  didn't get an error message, but the key-value pairs weren't saved
  when I printed out what was saved in the session.

  Somewhere in my various tests I got the error message: SimpleDeser
  can't handle structured data (or something like that). I think that
  happened when I tried ZSI. I also tried using the structType class
  to represent the dictionary but, again, I couldn't really get it to
  work

  Anyway, does anyone here know how to use a dictionary as a
  parameter? I don't particularly care which SOAP implementation you
  use for it. I just need it to work.

Thanks for any help,
   Kris

  Kristoph Kirchner                         beehive KG
  mailto: kristoph@beehive-eu.com           http://www.beehive-eu.com