[Zope] ANNOUNCE SQLPoll 0.0.6

Ed Colmar ed@greengraphics.net
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:16:56 -0700 (PDT)

SQL Poll is a simple Slashdot-style Polling product that uses an SQL
database to store votes. This avoids bloating your ZODB with a bunch of
minor undoable transactions by Anonymous User.

It's an enhancement on kteague's SQL poll, which was based upon Andy
McKay's FS Poll Product.  Since he did not put it in the Official SQLPoll
software release, I've put it in my members folder.

It now supports one-time voting based on a unique identifier.  Any
tracking system the site has implemented can be used, or it can use Ip
addresses or any other identifier you can come up with.

This has been tested on MYSQL only.

Download:
http://www.zope.org/Members/element/SQLPoll/index_html

See a working example:
http://www.hyperreal.org/raves/sf/calendar2/polls/

I'm not the maintainer of this code, I just wanted to make my work
available to others.

Cheers.

-ed-

--
Green Graphics   :::   Print and Web Design   :::   510.923.0000