[Zope] Permission for packing database

Marc Burgauer marc@sharedbase.com
Fri, 01 Aug 2003 16:10:06 +0100

I would like to set up a CRON job to daily pack a Zope database. The
application does some heavy text processing and consequently the database
can grow half a gig per day just because of keeping all the transactions,
while the data to keep is just a few megs.

Because I have to type the password in clear text into the script for CRON
(I intend to use wget), I'd like to create a user with a dedicated role that
can do nothing, but do the packing. I could not find which permission is
required for this.

Can anybody tell me what the minimum privileges are for packing the
database? OR can the superuser account be used for this?

(With packing I mean: /Control_Panel/Database/manage_pack)

Cheers

Marc