[Zope] Performance requirements and ZEO

Bart Hubbard bart@barthubbard.com
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 11:26:04 -0400

Thank you to all of you who read my original post, and gave me all that
great feedback.  After futher testing with JMeter on our development =
server,
I'm recommending to our IT department to budget for 3 machines *just in
case*, but to only purchase one right now.  So we'll roll out with a =
single
Zope server, and prepare for the possibility of moving to a ZEO setup in =
the
future, if needed.

If you're curious, the single server we're going with is the Compaq(HP)
Proliant DL380, with a single 2.8 GHz Xeon, 2 GB RAM, 3x 10K RPM =
Ultra320
SCSI 38 GB drives (RAID 5), etc.  I feel pretty confident that we should =
be
able to handle 500,000 hits/day, now.

When we get to deployment, I'll be sure to report back with our =
performance
benchmarking results (around November).

Thanks again,
bart