[Zope] Re: ExternalEditor doesn't launch my .doc files (solved)

Larry J. C. Prikockis larry_prikockis@natureserve.org
Fri, 01 Aug 2003 14:04:34 -0400

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 12:32:22 +0200, Josef Meile wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to setup ExternalEditor to launch Word 2000 files,
>> but I haven't had success.
>>
>> I have also tried without the "%1", and writting "C:\Program
> Files\Microsoft
>> Office\Office\WINWORD.EXE" between double qoutes but I get always the same
>> dialog box:
>>
>> FATAL ERROR: (126, 'LoadLibrary', 'The specified module could not be
>> found.')
> I reinstall it again and the problem is gone now. Perhaps the patches of
> windows,
> which I installed just after installing this product, did something wrong.

ergh... did anyone ever figure out exactly what was going on here?  I'm
I'm now getting the same error-- despite uninstalling and reinstalling the
helper app on windows multiple times.

I'm running Zope 2.6.2b4, CMF 1.3.1, Plone 1.0.3, EE 0.7
Zope's on linux, though I'm (obviously, I suppose) trying to open Word
documents on a Windows 2000 machine.

any hints would be greatly appreciated....

Larry