[Zope] Decisions, decisions! Which Python for Zope 2.6.2b5

Andreas Jung Andreas Jung <andreas@andreas-jung.com>
Sun Aug 3 18:36:40 EDT 2003

--On Sonntag, 3. August 2003 10:29 Uhr -0700 Dennis Allison
<allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU> wrote:

> The installation notes still say Python 2.1.3.
>
> Rumor has it that you can run under Python 2.2 but it's not recommended.
> In fact, the docs say explicitly not to use it.
>
> I have been using Python 2.3 through the beta period and like it--the
> new language features have quickly become part of my programming lexicon.
>
> Zope 2.7 is not ready for prime time use on a production site.  As I
> remember, it will require Python 2.3.

It requires Python 2.2.3. Since the unittests of Zope 2.7 don't pass with
Python 2.3 this is not a recommended combination.

-aj