[Zope] online collaboration tool

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
Mon Aug 4 18:20:27 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 08:00, Ramon Linan wrote:
> I have a REDHAT with zope and several windows 2000 servers, which one will you advice me to install it in?

It hardly matters for development purposes.  I'd choose whichever one
you feel most comfortable with or have root/admin privileges on.
Probably you can run it as localhost:8080 on your desktop machine.  The
only real advice I'd offer is this: Don't do your development or
learning on a machine currently being used as a production server.
That's a *very* poor way to build job security.  :-)

As long as all the machines in question are reasonably modern there's
little chance you're going to see a big performance difference until
your app gets used by more than a handful of people.  At that point,
it's pretty easy to move from Windows to Linux or vice versa.

HTH,

Dylan