[Zope] online collaboration tool

J Cameron Cooper jccooper@jcameroncooper.com
Mon Aug 4 22:26:23 EDT 2003

I'm familiar with eRooms. I used to work at a place that used that. If I
still worked there, I'd be campaigning to get them to replace it with
Plone. Lots cheaper, and more functional. But one can't go around saving
former employers money.

>I have a question though, I have a REDHAT with zope and several windows 2000 servers, which one will you advice me to install it in?

Personally, I think running Windows servers is a serious PITA. But aside
from that, most reports I hear suggest that Zope runs a bit faster on
Linux. Plus, if you use Linux, you'll be able to use DirectoryStorage,
which is a Very Good Thing.

          --jcc

--
"My point and period will be throughly wrought,
Or well or ill, as this day's battle's fought."