[Zope] Should everyone always have 'Anonymous' role?

Jean Jordaan jean@upfrontsystems.co.za
Tue Aug 5 14:22:19 EDT 2003

Hi all

I used to test for
before switching to LDAPUserFolder, and it used to work.
When I switched, it stopped working, and I found this in
LDAPUserFolder's  'Configure.stx':

      'Default User Roles' -- All users authenticated from
        your ldap tree will be given the roles you put into
        this comma-delimited list. Zope expects all users -
        anonymous as well as authenticated - to have the role
        Anonymous.

I wasn't aware of that. Why does an authenticated user need
to have Anonymous as a role?

(I'm trying to get to
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/Security.stx
but it's down now: