[Zope] (changed) cannot add ZClass instances (was cannot add STX Documents)

Marcus Bergmann zope@zope.org
Wed Aug 6 18:27:56 EDT 2003

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Marcus Bergmann wrote at 2003-7-22 18:56 +0200:
>  > I run a new 2.6.1 version and imported the user directories and the STX
>  > Document product from an old 2.5.0 version (via export/import not
>  > copying the data.fs).
>  > The existing STX and RSTX Documents are ok. I can view and edit them.
>  > But I can't add new STX or RSTX Documents.
>  > Has anyone an idea what I'm doing wrong?
>  >
>  > This is the traceback:
>  >
>  > Traceback (innermost last):
>  >    Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 98, in publish
>  >    Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
>  >    Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
>  >    Module OFS.DTMLMethod, line 126, in __call__
>  >    Module DocumentTemplate.DT_String, line 474, in __call__
>  >    Module DocumentTemplate.DT_With, line 61, in render
>  >    Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Util, line 201, in eval
>  >     - __traceback_info__: REQUEST
>  >    Module <string>, line 2, in f
>  > NameError: global name 'STX_Document' is not defined
>
> With what URL is the request made that results in this traceback?

I use the pull-down-list of Zope to add these objects.

> What is the DTMLMethod used in this request.
>

> It looks as if the products above were ZClasses.
> Export/Import breaks inheritance between ZClasses when
> base and derived class live in different products.

Yes, the product is a ZClass. I imported it into the 'Products' Folder
inside the 'Control_Panel'.
It seems I have the problem in general. I just imported the ZSiteMap
product which comes as a .zexp file, but I cannot add the new objects. I
get the same message:

NameError: global name 'ZSiteMapNode' is not defined (Also, an error
occurred while attempting to render the standard error message.)

After some restarts of the Zope server it worked temporarely. Do you
have an idea?

> Dieter

Thanks,
Marcus