[Zope] Using ZReST in page templates or python scripts

Alec Munro alec.munro@eoascientific.com
Wed Aug 6 18:57:46 EDT 2003

Hi List,
I'm wondering if there's a way to use restructuredText functionality
from within a page template or python script?
For example, I am storing information in a mysql database. A fair amount
of this information could do with the ability to be formatted. I am
hoping I can utilize restructuredText for this.
I provide a through-the-web interface for editing this content, and I
would like to teach my boss + coworkers simple ReST syntax, so they can
edit it themselves. I would then like the either store it as is, and
transform it when accessed, or transform it immeadiatly after editing,
and store it that way. So a function from python that would convert ReST
to HTML would really do the trick.
Thanks,

Alec Munro