[Zope] callback function when object is deleted

Carsten Gehling carsten@sarum.dk
Wed Aug 6 19:46:40 EDT 2003

I'm writing a product where users can maintain information about electronic
equipment. I've made a class called eg. "Equipment", and an instance is
created for each piece of equipment the user has.

The user can also make a maintainance log entry for each instance. These log
entries are stored in an external databases.

If the user deletes an equipment object through the ZMI, I'd like the object
to set a "deleted" flag on each log entry beforehand. Similar, if the
deletion is undone, the object should remove the "deleted" flag.

I suspect that this should be done through some inherited method from the
Zope superclasses that is called by the ZMI, but which?

- Carsten