[Zope] Using ZPT with options/radio/checkboxes

Ron Bickers rbickers-expires-1060888233.9472c8 at logicetc.com
Thu Aug 7 16:09:57 EDT 2003

Yeah.  These are nicer.  I got my version long ago during discussions before
ZPT was included in Zope.

So, my select/option and radio examples without needing the special behavior
would look like this:

<select name="question_type" id="question_type">
  <option value="Text" tal:attributes="selected
python:request.get('question_type', None) == 'Text' and 'selected' or
nothing">Text</option>
</select>

...and...

<input type="radio" name="required" value="1" tal:attributes="checked
python:request.get('required', None) == '1' and 'checked' or nothing" /> Yes
<input type="radio" name="required" value="0" tal:attributes="checked
python:request.get('required', None) == '0' and 'checked' or nothing"/> No

I don't know if any graphical editors will have a problem with multiple
inputs having the checked/selected attribute or not, so I chose the string
'selected' instead of default.

Did I miss anything?  Is there an advantage or disadvantage of using
"and...or" instead of test()?