[Zope] exUserFolder: short error-message showing up prior to login form

Jim Washington jwashin at vt.edu
Fri Aug 8 09:18:01 EDT 2003

Elena Schulz wrote:

>Hi,
>
>using exUserFolder with Cookie based authentification (basic and secure) and
>database based auth.source an error message shows up for one or a half
>second before the login form appears and everything works as normal
>afterwards.
>This happens with the standart form or a customized one. It doesn't look
>very good so I want to stop that.
>
>Any clues about that? I cannot read that fast to tell you about the content
>of the error message.

Hi, Elena

It's  a page in the redirectToLogin process, which is supposed to
time-out at zero seconds, then get the login page.  It's up to the
browser to do that quickly.

Recently, I was having trouble getting the login page to show up at all,
and found that CookieCrumbler was the missing piece that made it all
work.  You might try putting a CookieCrumbler in the folder with the
exUserFolder and see if this behavior is lessened.  It's got prettier
login forms, too.

-- Jim Washington