[Zope] zsql-Methods: how to make a dynamic where-clause?

Elena Schulz elena.schulz at gmx.net
Fri Aug 8 17:53:52 EDT 2003

Hi,

is there any convenient way, to have a dynamic where-clause in zsql-Methods?
All my effords had severe limitation up to now:
1. <dtml-sqltest .. needs a fixed column=.... expression
2. WHERE <dtml-var ...> with the whole clause in the var doesn't work
because of quoting problems.
So it seems that there is only very limited scope with <sql-group and
explicit column=myExplicitColumnName constructs or am I missing
something? A completely dynamic query with python script would be also a
good alternative but how to do that?

-- thanks for any input, Elena