[Zope] parameter transfer to a zsql-method (lists, dictionaries etc.)

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Fri Aug 8 17:01:42 EDT 2003

>Can anybody enlight my understandig of how to pass parameters (e.g. lists,
>dictionaries) to zsql-methods especially so that they will work in an
>dtml-in construct? That would be very helpfull.
>
>my ZSQL-Method:
>
><params>columns:list:string=* where:string="" sort_col:string=""
>sort_reverse:int=0</params>
>
>the error details:
>
>Error Type: InError
>Error Value: Strings are not allowed as input to the in tag.
>Error error_tb:
>
>InError: Strings are not allowed as input to the in tag.

I think your parameter construction is wrong. You're telling Zope that a
list is a string, and furthermore, to iterate over a string, which won't
work. Try

columns:list

or simply

columns

since you probably don't *need* parameters.

          --jcc

--
"My point and period will be throughly wrought,
Or well or ill, as this day's battle's fought."