[Zope] newbie problems with zope in debian/testing

Jonas Meurer jonas at freesources.org
Mon Aug 11 05:10:25 EDT 2003

* Marcus Schopen <lists at localguru.de> [ 03/08/11]:
> help would be easier, if you could tell us, what exactly "broken" is. A
> normal "apt-get install zope" should work fine. after that debconf will
> ask a you few questions. that's it ....quite easy and nice.

yes, zope simply isn't accessable. I added the rewrite-rules in apache
and tried to use zope with pcgi. /var/lib/zope/cgi-bin/default wasn't
available, so i executed 'zopectl pcgi', but after that
/usr/lib/cgi-bin/Zope didn't exist, and that's the dir where the example
rewriterules for apache in README.Debian point to. even after linking
that to /var/lib/zope/cgi-bin i got an error: permission denied.
permissions of files where strange: /var/lib/zope/cgi-bin/default wasn't
executable. i changed that, but still same error.

that all looked to me like zope package wasn't very stable and hard to
configure. but maybe i simply choosed the most complicated way of
installing zope and other ways are much easier.

bye
 mejo