[Zope] Re: Plone in debian unstable

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Mon Aug 11 13:11:54 EDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 03:42:51PM +0200, Michele Bendazzoli wrote:
| A few days ago i have successfully installed plone site an play around
| with it. This morning i have upgrade the default version of python from
| 2.2 to 2.3 and selected/deselected some package.

Don't do that.

Be certain you know what you are doing and are ready to debug problems
before you upgrade with "unstable".  If you want new(er) software, but
don't want the (potential) problems like you have now, track "testing"
instead.

zope 2.6 needs python 2.1.3.  I don't recommend trying to run it with
any other version.

HTH,
-D

--
If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to
all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.  But when he

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/