[Zope] Enhanced user tracking and security products in zope?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Tue Aug 12 11:09:21 EDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 06:47:51AM +0100, Exteam wrote:
> 2) indication of which pages were most frequented by a
> certain users, clicks made, etc.

Statistics can be calculated from the zope access logs
(by default, called Z2.log).  Use any http log analysis program
to generate stats from the logfile. I use analog.
To serve the analog-generated stats with zope, I put them
in a directory served by LocalFS.

That said, I haven't figured out how to track specific pages visited
by specific users. I'm not sure if analog can get that detailed.

Note that in some versions of zope, there was a formatting bug in the
http log output (an extra space near the beginning of the line).
AFAICT this did not exist in zope 2.5.1, did exist in 2.6.1, and seems to
be fixed by zope 2.6.2 beta 3.
I worked around the bug with the following line in my analog config:
LOGFORMAT (%S  - %u [%d/%M/%Y:%h:%n:%j %j] "%j %r %j" %c %b "%f" "%B")

Another issue I haven't addressed yet, is that these stats show
the raw URL requests - including the long URLs used by Virtual HOst Monster.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com