[Zope] How to do a simple form?

Ilpo Nyyssönen iny+dev at iki.fi
Wed Aug 13 13:55:29 EDT 2003

I need to do simple forms with zope. The forms are used to do simple
queries, such as getting volunteers for organizing an event. The need
is just to get a text file that contains the field names and values.
It should also be possible to restrict the access to that result file
to certain people. It should also be so that one would be able to do
new queries just by doing a new form and possibly some simple method
or something (and with restricted rights to zope).

I know how to do the rest, but the problem is where to store the data?
(And the data is just the values entered to those forms, no other
assumptions.)

Some possibilities:

* SQL: complicated
* Mailing and then handling with procmail: ugly
* ZODB: How?
* To the filesystem with extenal method: could be, how to make it secure?

I am using Zope 2.6.x.

--
Ilpo Nyyssönen # biny # /* :-) */