[Zope] WebDAV Locking and Versioning

Andreas Jung andreas at andreas-jung.com
Wed Aug 13 22:55:03 EDT 2003

--On Mittwoch, 13. August 2003 15:42 Uhr -0400 Charlie Jones
<charlie.jones at cadence-technologies.com> wrote:

> - Does Zope provide a means to lock and/or provide version control on
> objects being edited via WebDAV?

Zope supports the standard WebDAV locking mechanism.

> - If so, is there some source of documentation that provides more detail?

What other documentation is needed? You lock or unlock an object
through WebDAV. You don't need to care about the internals?!

> - Is it a 1 user to 1 object locking or can multiple people edit the same
> document?

As much as I know WebDAv does not support locking
only particular parts of a document. Check the WebDAV RFC!

> - Again, if this is possible which clients are people using on OS X and
> Windows?

Any client that supports WebDAV (Webfolder under Win32 suck
completely).. Some tools: GoLive, Dreamweaver, Cadaver,  etc.

-aj