[Zope] Displaying a pdf file.

Michael Guerrero mguerrero at tachyon.net
Thu Aug 14 17:38:43 EDT 2003

Hello,

What is the best way to display a pdf file in a zope application.  I may select the file from an oracle database of get it from a file system.  I'm not sure at the moment.

My Zope Bible book shows how to upload a pdf file from a filesytem then view it.  But in my case the pdf I want to view is based on an ID entered by the user.  There may be many different pdf and I can't upload them all.

I want to be able to
  1) if the the pdf is on server then
         view (\docs\my.pdf)  using the correct application type

or
  2) if I select the pdf from an oracle table (stored as a BLOB)
       <dtml-in sql-get_pdf>
             somehow display the pdf
       </dtml-in>

Thanks for your help