[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] Auto password expiry based on time

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Sat Aug 16 10:20:57 EDT 2003

Hi Exteam,

1.) do you have a real name too?
2.) you should not crosspost questions
3.) you should have a look at rfc2616 which describes how
     HTTP work.

In short: you cant modify anything in Zope to let
the browser expire the Basic-Authentication.
Its just impossible to do this.

To get closer to what you want, you need a cookie
or path based authentication, for example using
cookiecrumbler or ExUserFolder.

Next thing you would do is to set a lifetime of
the cookie maybe in the source of cookiecrumbler
or ExUserFolder.

Regards
Tino