[Zope] Custom Memberdata - Birthdays and date format

Jim Barbara jbarbara11 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 17 15:14:09 EDT 2003

I added birthday (type=Date) to portal_memberdata in
the ZMI for my Plone site.  I edited the My
Preferences form to include Birthday.  I then created
a custom python script called getMember:

roster=[]
for member in context.portal_membership.listMembers():
    roster.append( { 'id':member.getUserName()
                            , 'email':member.email
                            ,
'birthday':member.birthday
                            , 'fullname':
member.fullname })
return roster

And then I use some of the output of that script in a
page template using the following:

tal:content="string:${member/fullname}">Column 1 dummy
data</td> <td
tal:content="string:${member/birthday}">Column 2 dummy

The problem is that I cannot get the birthday date
string data formatted with just Month, Day

and

I have no idea as to how to sort this data my month.

--Jim