[Zope] weird browser display problem with new site

Tim Lynch lynch at gould.mannlib.cornell.edu
Mon Aug 18 09:25:45 EDT 2003

First, congratulations to all involved in the migration
to the new site. My hat's off to all of you.

I have seen a weird problem, however, using IE 6.028
on W2K when trying to look at a news item.  On today's
page, for example, the "live zope" announcement does
not display. The replies are visible, but the announcement
itself is invisible.  If I drag over the area where
the announcement should be, my dragging highlights the
text which I can then see. If I click the mouse to
deselect, the text then remains visible.

Some announcements display this behavior, all others
work as expected. In addition to the "live zope" announcement,
the "active images" item shows the same behavior.

This isn't a big deal for me but I thought someone would
want to hear about this. anyway ...

Netscape/Mozilla works as expected.

Again, a big thankyou and welldone to all involved
bringing up the new system!  Looks great!!

---
Tim Lynch
tlynch at nal.usda.gov