[Zope] Formulator issues

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Tue Aug 19 16:41:20 EDT 2003

Hi,

I used

   http://www.zope.org/Members/beno/HowTo/HowTo/Formulator_With_ZPT

as an example how to use Formulator with ZPT.  Unfortunately it seems not
possible to use ZPT exclusively because a Python Script is necessary to
evaluate the input.  This is no problem in prinziple but this script does
something ugly in case that some input is erroneous: "Use the back button
of your browser ..."  Well, this is something which conflicts with
guidelines of good web design and thus I tried to work around this but
failed.

I even failed in accessing the input values of the form.  My main problem was
that I did not found a description of the keys which can be used in the
field.get_value() dictionary.

The ideal solution would be to get those previousely filled values into
the original page template and mark the erronous input in any common
way.  Any hints how to accomplish this?

Kind regards

         Andreas.