[Zope] zldap connections

Andrew Altepeter aaltepet at bethel.edu
Fri Aug 22 02:39:02 EDT 2003

I'm working on an alumni directory for the college, which uses openldap
as the directory service.  We are using acl's to restrict which
attributes user have access to based on their context (staff, student,
alumni, guest, etc).

This means that the alumni directory needs to bind to ldap as each user.

We want to use zldap, but the Ldap Connection object creates a
connection, bound as one user.  Is it possible to have 'dynamic' ldap
connections (and use the rest of the zldap package), ones where you can
re-bind as another user?

Or is there some other (better) way to do this?

I've seen other products out there which allow this by using an ldap
user folder, however we have a custom user folder that integrates with
our institutions single sign-on server, so that won't work (and we have
a different method of retrieving a users password).

Any help would be great!
Thanks!
Andy Altepeter
Web Developer