[Zope] Son of ZSyncer

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu Aug 21 12:05:00 EDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 07:36:32AM -0700, Dennis Allison wrote:
> Paul,
>
> I've made come progress on a 'son of zsyncer' product and have a
> pre-pre-alpha Product which I need to use as a tool ASAP.  I have
> encountered some difficulties which I hope you can assist me in
> resolving.

maybe...

> My new product re-uses some of ZSyncer, particularly the basic
> authentication code and some of the transport code.  It seems to work fine
> between sites which us basic authentication only but gets confused when
> the sites use cookie authentication.  ZSyncer authenticates and
> transfers over links that my "son of ZSyncer" product fails on.
> The transport mechanism reports a 500 status to the sender; the receiver
> reports a 401 error (I think) and does so as "Anonymous" rather than
> the user under whose guise the transfer is being performed.

hmm, afaik zsyncer doesn't make any effort handle cookies, in
fact the xmlrpc code specifically only uses basic auth.
Did you write some cookie code?

> If you have the time and interest, I'd be happy to share the code
> even in it's currently hacked-up state.

sure... no guarantee i'll be able to fix anything but i can look.

Currently i've got a nasty problem with zsyncer itself... seems to
be failing when syncing from a site that uses FileStorage to a
site that uses DirectoryStorage, and i have no idea why but
i need it to work ASAP so i'm rather busy :-(

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com