[Zope] No module named _mysql

hpinson at indepthl.com hpinson at indepthl.com
Sat Aug 23 09:17:54 EDT 2003

For me, the RPM did not work-- it installed, but to the wrong python
(1.5), and despite my efforts to include that in the PYTHONPATH, zope
would not see it.  No luck at all with the 2.2 version of Python.

I ended up building MySQL-python from scratch, and after resolving a
library issue around zlib-devel, all is now working.

Thanks to everyone for being so helpful.

I do have a question-- why is ZMySQLDA not part of the Zope core? It
seems a very common task to want to connect MySQL to Zope on either
Linux or Windows.  I gave up trying on Windows, and use the ODBC
adapter instead (with MyODBC), which fortunatly, seems to work well.

Harlow Pinson
Indepth Learning
Email: hpinson at indepthl.com
Web: http://www.indepthl.com