[Zope] How do I set a default view in in a DTMLDocument Based ZClass?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Aug 24 20:30:08 EDT 2003

Bill Hewitt wrote at 2003-8-22 14:22 -0700:
 > I have created a ZClass with all the properties and administrative
 > screens, but......
 >
 > I wrote a python script to call a particular StyleSheet (subclassed from
 > DTMLDocument):
 >
 > for i in container.StyleBook.objectValues('Style Sheet') :
 >   print i()
 > return printed
 >

 > this returns whatever I type in the instance "data" field in the
 > "manage_main" view, but I cant see how to configure this field with a
 > default template so I dont have to rewrite the "manage_main" "data"
 > textfield every time I create an instance.....
 >
 > HELP PLEASE....

Sorry, for me, you have not been clear enough.

  What is your problem?

  What is 'the "manage_main" "data" textfield'?
  Somehow, the terms do not fit together.
  "manage_main" is a method (often implemented as a template)
  and not a textfield. I know "data" only from "OFS.File" objects.
  There, it is not a textfield.

Dieter