[Zope] Zope 2.7.0b1 Released

Chris McDonough chrism at zope.com
Wed Aug 27 01:42:53 EDT 2003

It might work with Python 2.3, but its target platform is currently
2.2.3.  I think some folks are running it under 2.3 now.

Compatibility issues will likely center around installation,
configuration and startup.  People are used to the "old-skool" Zope
installation method ("python wo_pcgi.py") and configuration (via
envvars).  Neither works anymore.  Installation is either via rpm,
executable, or via "configure; make; make install".  Configuration is
performed via a apache-style config file instead of envvars.  Startup is
different inasmuch as there is no "z2.py" or "start" shell script;
instead there's a zopectl script under UNIX and the system works as a
service under Windows.

Everything else should continue to work as it did under Zope 2.6.X (or
continue to not work as the case may be ;-), difficulties imposed by the
underlying Python revision differences notwithstanding.

- C