[Zope] Zope 2.7 on RH9

Dennis Allison allison at sumeru.stanford.EDU
Tue Aug 26 21:56:08 EDT 2003

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Jens Vagelpohl wrote (and Andreas Jung concurred):

> On Tuesday, Aug 26, 2003, at 23:07 US/Eastern, Dennis Allison wrote:
> > RH9 has been pretty much broken as a Zope host.  How does 2.7 fare?
>
> there's nothing broken about RH9 after applying all latest updates.

That may be true for your configurations, but with the configuration I am
running (dual Athlons) I have had nothing but trouble.  With the very
latest updates, Zope 2.6.2b3 now seems stable running under Python 2.2. I
am still fighting problems with the Pound front-end which is stable under
RH7.3 but non-functional under RH9. Incidentally, my installation was
clean followed by multiple upgrades via RHN to apply all the latest
updates.