[Zope] Global Variable

Mitch Pirtle mitchy at spacemonkeylabs.com
Wed Aug 27 18:06:45 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 16:00, rpenatez at lattice.com.co wrote:
> How can I assign a value to one of this variables??? How can I recover the
> variables values???

No problemo!  Follow these steps:

1) create folder called "test"
2) select "test" folder
3) click on "Properties" tab
4) at the bottom of the Properties screen, create a variable:
	Name:  tequila
	Value: mezcal
5) create a document in the test folder called "test"
6) the content of that document should look like this:

<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<h2><dtml-var title_or_id></h2>
This is the <dtml-var id> Document.

<dtml-var standard_html_footer>

See how that works?  Now, here is something important to remember - this
variable is available to everything in that folder.  If something is
ABOVE that folder, then Zope cannot find that variable for you (it is
not in the path).

Let me know if you still have problems, ok?

-- Mitch