[Zope] Help Error!!!

Todd Loomis, (SAIC) tloomis at dmso.mil
Thu Aug 28 14:07:56 EDT 2003

See Below
-----Original Message-----
From: zope-bounces at zope.org [mailto:zope-bounces at zope.org] On Behalf Of Paul
Winkler
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2003 12:59 PM
To: Zope at zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] Help Error!!!

Following up from the thread on zope-dev... keeping it on
this list now...

> What have you done to verify that zope isn't running?
>> When I do a start it comes back with these warnings in the log
>> files and  when I try to load the site it gives me a proxy error.

ok, the proxy error is more interesting... Are you running behind apache or
some other proxy server?
Apache

> What platform are you on?
>> Redhat 7.2

OK. try this at the command line:

ps ax | grep py

You should see several python processes running.
What do you get?
1281 pts/0    S      0:00 grep py

Also if you have links or lynx or wget installed, you should
be able to test the zope server directly from the command
line, like so:

links http://localhost:8080
lynx http://localhost:8080

(either of those should show you the zope welcome page)

wget http://localhost:8080
(that should download the zope welcome page to a file)

Looking up localhost:8080
localhost:8080
Making HTTP connection to localhost:8080
Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host.

lynx: Can't access startfile http://localhost:8080/

> What version of Zope?
>> 2.4.3

ok, that explains the deprecation warnings.
Forget about them... they're not relevant... REALLY.
Zope 2.4.3 *always* gave this warning.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com