[Zope] Scripting ExternalFile

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Aug 28 22:17:46 EDT 2003

David Mitchell wrote at 2003-8-28 20:45 +1000:
 > I've got a script that generates HTML content on a regular basis, and I
 > want to be able to make it visible via Zope.  The ExternalFile product
 > is just about perfect, except that I want to be able to script the
 > "inclusion" of files into the Zope infrastructure rather than go
 > ExternalFile's GUI each time.
 >
 > I can't just leave the HTML content out in the file system; I need to be
 > able to manage access using Zope's security system.
 >
 > Has anyone got any pointers on how to do this, or even point me in the
 > right direction?

Any Zope object provides methods to manage its content.
The Management Interface (ZMI) use (part of) these methods to
perform its task.

You can either:

  *  look at the ZMI source to find out which methods it uses

  *  look at the source to find out which methods are available

  *  use my "DocFinder" product to get this information

    <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope>

Dieter