[Zope] Webdav to another server

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Thu Aug 28 20:26:07 EDT 2003

> I am in a situation where I need to access (read) files on a webdav
> server from my Zope application.  There's a lot written about
> accessing Zope with Webdav but I can't find anything useful about
> using Zope to access other webdav servers (except for a mention about
> webdav/client.py - but it's not obvious!).  In particular, the
> webdav/web folder server is Win2000/IIS 5.0 and Zope is installed on a
> Linux box.  Can anyone give me some hints on the best approach?

http://www.lyra.org/greg/python/

Look for dav-lib. With this, you can do WebDAV things from an External
Method.

As for a more elegant solution, I don't know of any WebDAV client
products, but maybe you can "mount" an external WebDAV source in your
Zope with DavFS and LocalFS. A straight-up product to do this would be a
neat project.

http://zope.org/Members/vernier/Debian/DavFS/view

          --jcc