[Zope] Newbie Questions on ZODB Scale

Robert B snatzie at comcast.net
Fri Aug 29 10:33:47 EDT 2003

I have recently discovered Zope and like what I see.  I have some basic
questions on how the object database scales.  I come from a conventional
RDBMS background... DB2 and Oracle.

I would like to use the database for a content management solution, but
I am worried about how the database will scale and perform.

Where can I find documentation on how to administer the object database?
  Many of the links on http://www.zope.org on the ZODB are broken.

My concern is that, based on my cursory look, it seems that the object
database is stored in essentially one file on the file system.  What
happens when you outgrow that filesystem, or when you want to span disks
  in order to spread the load?

Or, if I am expecting a large amount of files stored in the database,
should I set up the server to store the files external to the object
database?

Any and all help would be appreciated,

Robert