[Zope] base href

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Dec 1 13:12:20 EST 2003

Ian Bicking wrote at 2003-11-30 17:10 -0600:
 > In this case we have some files on the disk that we want Zope to
 > protect with a login.  All the links in the files are relative.  So we
 > mount the files in /static, and access /static/visitors.html -- the
 > base href is then set to "/static/visitors.html/", which is obviously
 > incorrect (it should be simply "/static/", or preferably no base href
 > at all).

It is definitely not what you want and what you need for your
application.
But, it is unclear whether it is incorrect in general.

An example that comes to mind: a self referencing file object containing
an URL reference "<a href="manage_main">Management</a">.
I think, it must reference the file object itself (the "base"
tag ensures that) and not its container (would happen without
"base" tag).

If I had your problem, I would give "LocalFS" a variant
of "File". It would rename "index_html" to "__call__" and
then set "index_html = None". Result: no more magic
URL enlargment and no "base" tag for these files.

--
Dieter