[Zope] troubles using Zope/SSL without Apache

Jim Abramson jabramson at wgen.net
Mon Dec 1 14:25:05 EST 2003

We serve zope from a linux machine behind a load balancer that performs hardware-based ssl encryption.

Formerly, requests from the LB were forwarded to the zope machine using apache as a proxy. Troubles began
when we removed apache from the picture and started running requests directly from the LB to the server port Zope
listens on...since doing that, certain management interfaces (not all!) do not function correctly and I have figured
out why: in the html frameset for /manage, the three subframe htmldocs are being called via http:// not https://.
(However, the relatively-linked inline assets such as images and stylesheets are correctly addressed using https://.)

Any idea why this is happening, and what I can do to force Zope to properly set 'https' in the absolute links it generates?

Secondly, and I'm sure it's related, login functionality (the web-based one, not the http auth) in a Plone install on
this Zope instance has stopped working correctly. Any tips on that are greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks for any advice,
Jim