[Zope] Phew, fighting with DCOracle2 -- hope this helps someone else later on

Heimo Laukkanen huima at iki.fi
Mon Dec 1 19:18:07 EST 2003

Spent an evening and few hours more learning how to install Oracle and
DCOracle2 on linux to be used with Zope. Distribution that I am using is
Fedora core 1.

I Downloaded Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 and followed
excellent instructions on page:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Oracle-9i-RH8-and-RH9-HOWTO-1.html

Following step by step the installation went just swimmingly.

I downloaded DCOracle2 from zope.org:
http://www.zope.org/Members/matt/dco2/

While doing make ( see INSTALL ) make sure that you have ORACLE_HOME and
LD_LIBRARY_PATH set, and that you have sufficient rights to those shared
libraries. Set those enviroment variables also to zope start-script, or
otherwise your zope startup will fail when DCOracle tries to import those
libs.

Just an example I had to add these to my zope startup-script:

ORACLE_BASE=/home/oracle/
ORACLE_HOME=/home/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0
ORACLE_SID=portaali

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/lib:$ORACLE_HOME/network/lib
export ORACLE_BASE ORACLE_HOME ORACLE_SID LD_LIBRARY_PATH

And now it works.

--
-huima