[Zope] Version Control in CMF/Plone?

J. Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Mon Dec 1 19:11:46 EST 2003

Iwan van der Kleyn wrote:

> A feature I mis in Zope/CMF/Plone is version control of documents.
> With this I mean for example that authors can (minimally) view and
> revert to previous versions of documents. This as opposed to the
> back-end Revision Manager product  which allows versioning of Zope
> objects in CVS.
>
> I've found a reference to a project to integrate version control in
> Zope.
> http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ZopeVersionControl/FrontPage.
> Is it known what the status is of this endavour?

It works, but there's no UI.

It is used by CMFStaging and PloneStaging to do versioning. These are
something of a rough draft of what Plone will soon do for versioning,
staging, and deployment. You may read the proposals for this on plone.org.

          --jcc

--
"My point and period will be throughly wrought,
Or well or ill, as this day's battle's fought."