[Zope] ssl zope http/https

Joshua Newman josh at jnew.org
Tue Dec 2 00:25:02 EST 2003

I'm using zope 2.6.2 and m2crypto and it works great.
(Thanks to the writers of the excellent products and packages.)

But I would like to be able to set some pages/folders as secure (https) and
others as plain (http).

I've installed SSLAbsoluteURL but it seems to demand that I use links
of a certain format:
can't use: (end brackets removed for html email readers)
A HREF="/Services/Support/Zope">Zope Support</A

but rather must use:

A HREF="<dtml-var "Services.Support.Zope" url>">Zope Support</A
A HREF="<dtml-var "Zope" url>">Zope Support</A
or this:
A HREF="&dtml.url-Zope;">Zope Support</A

I have several important questions about this.

1. Is my understanding correct?

2. Is there another way to set the links (or better--the pages and
folders) to be ssl besides the greatly appreciated but apparently
somewhat limited SSLAbsoluteURL format or manually changing each of the
links? All of my links are in the format:

a href="/root/somewhere/index_html">foo</a

and don't find https and I'd rather not change them all if I can help it.

3. If I remove the 's' from 'https' after following one of my
encrypted links I can still get the page unencrypted (i.e.http://...). Is
there any way to stop this? It seems to defeat the purpose of
encryption.

Thanks for your help.
joshua