[Zope] Re: 2 question

Gabriel Genellina gagenellina at softlab.com.ar
Wed Dec 3 00:59:45 EST 2003

At 2/12/2003 14:37, you wrote:

Please keep posting on the list.

>I have an logo image, named logo.
>When I use dtml, the <dtml-var logo> is working.
>
>But: when I use <p tal: replace here/logo></p>, then the zope replace
>the <> signs in image definition, and it is don't showed, only it's
>description.
>
>Why ?

That line should give you a syntax error - I guess you wrote something
different...
Please read the Zope Book, there are two chapters and an Appendix about
Page Templates. Try the examples, modify them, try some "what if..."
variants. That's a good way to learn something new.

>And why I feel that tal is known less than dtml ?

Because it's newer, I presume.

>2./
>I read the Book, I read every on the web, but I can't see example, how
>to I access the transaction of an ZSQL method.
>
>There is a web-site, with apply possibility.
>But I want to write more tables, and I want to protect/isolate it with
>transaction. If it is get error, then I want to rollback...

Just don't bother - Zope and the corresponding DA should manage that. If
you dont trust them, try it yourself: raise an exception by code and see if
the transaction was aborted or not.

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL