[Zope] My first question.

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed Dec 3 13:52:08 EST 2003

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 10:52:35AM -0700, Goldthwaite, Joe wrote:
> Ok I'll look into the METAL stuff.  I skimmed over it but it looked
> confusing and didn't seem to apply to my current problems.

It's just a different way to work, requires a somewhat different
mindset.

(snip)
> The highlights show the standard header that is a separate ZPT.  I
> misspoke when I said that the result comes out quoted.  The header comes
> out looking beautiful.  It's the rest of the document that gets quoted.
> If I change IS_YTD_Header with IS_Ptd_Header, the non-header part of the
> page comes out correct.  The only difference is the IS_YTD_Header is a
> ZPT and IS_Ptd_Header is a DTML method.  Can someone explain that???

Nope. It's odd. If I were in your place I would start by inspecting the
rendered HTML and see what's different between the two versions, then
try to deduce the cause(s).

> Joe Goldthwaite
> I'm having more fun than should be allowed!

Good, that'll help you get through these initial difficulties :-)

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com